Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Last week in Moroleon

Hey everyone, yep thats right this was my last week in Moroleon... sadly i had transfers again. i thought for sure i would end my mission there but i guess the Lord has other plans in store. and just my luck im a zone leader, again haha. Now im back in Guadalajara in the reforma stake, my new ward is Bosque. (it means forest, but trust me its a huge city again). so yeah im a little upset about that, mainly because of how hard i had worked in Moroleon and all the fruits that were showing it. The missionaries that are there should easily baptize 10 people this transfer, its no fair haha. but oh well here i am. Anyways my last week in Moroleon was quite interesting! Monday was supposed to be an awesome day since we had 3 family home evenings planned, and every one of them fell through. but we were with the bishop and he at least fed us dinner that night haha. on tuesday we were invited to go "hunting" haha. we showed up to an investigators house and they told us they needed our help killing a giant rat that was in their house. so after about an hour of work and flipping the house upside down (literally, we left the place a mess) we found the huge thing and killed it haha! Wednesday we went to a members house at about 10am to eat breakfast with them since they invited us over, then from 11 to 3 we painted their house. and after we got done they fed us lunch as well! it was sweet haha. After lunch we had to go straight to salvatierra so i could interview the investigators that the missionaries baptized there. thursday was pretty normal, lots of planning and lots of work in the afternoon. Friday was when i got the bad news that i was gonna be transferred. at about 10pm Elder Ulloa called me, and when i saw his number i knew i was in trouble. he explained my transfers, and told me if i wanted to cry i could use my tie to wipe my tears. saturday was pretty normal, only that if our plans fell through we would go home for an hour or so, so that i could keep packing. Sunday was pretty awesome at church because alot of leaders from the stake presidency and stake high council came and said how happy and impressed they were with all the work that we have done. and i t was pretty sad having to say goodbye to everyone. the bishops family made us pancakes that night, and especiallyfor me they made a huge pancake mountain! and i after they smashed my face into it i ate it very happily haha. today we had to leave moroleon at 5am to get to the bus center on time. oh also guess what?! my new companion is an american! i can hardly believe it haha. his name is Elder Belnap, and hes from atlanta! so yeah it looks like im gonna end my mission here in Guadalajara. who knows how this transfer is gonnna be. And of course today i got to the house and the first thing i did was clean the place up so i could live comfortably, my mom will be pretty happy to hear that haha. Well thats it for this week! i will let you all know how my first week goes in this area. i hope you all have  agreat week!  Love Elder Griffin








No comments:

Post a Comment