Monday, October 16, 2017

MY LAST WEEK!!!

Well what else can i say? this is going to be my last week in the mission field... pretty crazy to think about it honestly, i cant believe how fast these 2 years have gone by. i remember when i was in my training i would pray for the days to go by faster, wow am i kicking myself in the butt for saying that now haha, because my prayers are just for the days to never end. not a whole lot to mention this last week. the best part of all our last week was that thursday we went and visited our investigator mariana, shes 15 and is golden honestly, but we never thought we would baptize her because her parents have said no over and over again. by some miracle we got her mom to sign the baptismal cedula on thursday! you can best believe my companion and i were dang excited! the first thing we did was get home and shout for joy(because she lives a block away from us). and the second thing was put the baptismal record in a VERY safe place haha. since that day we have constantly been praying(and fasting) that her mom doesnt change her mind haha. so that is going to be awesome, i will end my mission with a bang and as they say, come home with a wet tie haha. on friday i also had my final interview with President Assante, he basically just told me to get home and get married haha, im pretty sure thats what every mission president says. this next week is going to be pretty interesting to say the least. visiting people today, tomorrow we will get the baptism ready, and all day wednesday we will stress about the baptism but then we will enjoy it haha, thursday we will plan and ill pack, friday i have to be in the offices, saturday we go to the temple and to the buffet, and sunday we will have the last supper. i will be getting home monday and i dont think anyone needs to be reminded about that haha. i look forward to seeing you all in just one week!

now as far as my testimony goes; the mission has without a doubt been the best two years of my life, i thought i was happy before the mission, but ive found true happiness by growing closer to my Heavenly Father. I know that He lives. I know that He loves us and that He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to come to this world to teach, heal, guide, show us the way to a perfect life, and more important that anything he paid the price for our sins. i know that they are there for us whenever we need them. i know that when we TRULY repent, we can be forgiven of all of our sins (D&C58:42-23). I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that it was translated by a prophet of God named Joseph Smith, who also restored the church of Christ in its fullness. i know that the ONLY way to truly be happy in this life and to find joy in the next one, is through obedience to Gods commandments. I will forever be grateful for this opportunity i have had to serve my Heavenly Father with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. i invite anyone that is thinking about serving to not think twice and just do it, i promise you wont regret it. I have found the pearl of great price, and it does not matter how much it costs, i will do whatever is necessary to keep it in my life. i love my Saviour, and He loves me. should anyone ever feel alone, our Father is only a prayers distance away. These things and many more i have learned over the past 20 years of my life, but they have been set in stone in my mind, and my heart over the past two years, and i know without a doubt that they are true. i say these things and i testify of the truth of these words, in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment