Monday, February 20, 2017

First week in Tapatio! February 20, 2017.. Happy Birthday to me!

Well my first week in Tapatio was pretty good honestly! so far the weather has been pretty normal, there are some days that it gets pretty hot at about 3 in the afternoon, and there are others that it gets so windy my companion about flies away so i have to keep a hold of him on those days haha. So far our area seems pretty good! we are always climbing up and down hills though, and i mean steep hills! so i don't think ill be getting too fat here haha. also in this area the streets are pure cobblestone, just my luck my BRAND NEW BOOTS opened up on Tuesday, i was mad no lie. but we went to a little corner store, bought some super glue and so far so good! Don't be thinking that ive lost my redneck touch. This week was pretty great though! I've been doing everything possible to start a good relationship with the members, we went and talked to the first counselor of the bishopric, who is basically the bishop now since this ward doesn't have one. Were going to plan lots of activities and were going to do everything possible to explode this area! also we had a great meeting with our ward mission leader, something we almost never did in my last area! he helped us out alot and really wants to help us in everything and he also gave us lots of ideas of what we can do to have a bishop! our area is a little big and since all the streets go in so many different directions i never have a clue where were at, but i think that in 5 more weeks ill have it down. We also had leadership council this week and that was alright, kinda boring actually haha. We talked about health rules and how we shouldn't eat food in the streets(lets just say that's a rule that i would love to obey but my stomach doesn't let me). and we also talked about the new schedule we will be putting in this mission! starting Thursday we will be getting up at 7 instead of 630! this is so that we can sleep more and be healthier. also starting next Monday we will have 3 extra hours on our pday to do whatever we want! ITS GONNA BE AWESOME! and church was pretty good yesterday, 100 people showed up to church! my companion said that's the most he has ever seen and it was great honestly to see it! so yeah so far so good in this area! the members are pretty great, its a little tough working with the leaders here just because there not as "gung ho" as the leaders in my last area(i think that's a saying?). BUT we are giving it our all! this week well have interview with the president and i hope we can talk to the stake president as well about what we are going to do to see more miracles in this area. Still loving the mission! oh and apparently today's my birthday, kinda weird but yeah i guess that means I'm 20 now. To celebrate i ate my heart out(pictures to follow). So that was my first week in my new area! Cant wait to see how this next week goes! i want to say happy birthday to my cute cousins Emma and Madi! I hope they have a great birthday now that they are turning 8!! and i hope you all have a great week and may god be with you till we meet again! Love Elder Griffin

 My new area!






 The killer hamburger I ate today, then get my picture taken and posted on the wall... He said he even ate icecream after that the sister missionaries bought for him for his B-day!














 My Birthday ride...  if only????

No comments:

Post a Comment