Monday, February 22, 2016

Hey everyone! well this past week was kindof another slow week as far as teaching went. Once again we had alot of people cancel on us so we just spent alot of time this week trying to contact, and sometimes it was effective and other times no. but no worries all is well! nothing really crazy happened in the past week though, i bought boots though! im really happy about that haha. 450 pesos later i am back in boots haha! but i know you all want to hear about how my birthday was haha! well it started off just like any other day, personal study then companion study, then language study then my training program called 12 weeks. then we left and walked to a place basically on the other side of town! i dont know why my companion wanted to walk today rather than take the bus but we did and the worst part was i was wearing my new boots which werent completely broken in haha. oh well that wasnt terrible, anyways we taught an investigator and then tried to find a few other people around there but no one was home. then took a bus back to the center of town, thankfully haha. we then walked a ways to try and find someone else who also wasnt home, and by this point its time for lunch so we walk to our lunch appointment. I was really excited because these people usually give us really good food! but just my luck on my birthday they fed us molle... and i hate molle. but oh well ill live haha. Then we walked to the church and were gonna help with the mutual activity but only two kids showed up... so instead my companion played basketball with the two kids and their leader while i talked to our recent convert buddy alberto. he came to the church to give me my birthday present and guess what!! it was an american flag!!!! a big nice 3x5 foot american flag!! you could say i was more than happy haha. so we talked for awhile and then taught him a lesson and he was gonna help us teach a lesson but we had to stay in the church for a little bit because the other ward was having their young women activity but the leader had to leave so we stayed and waited and by the time we left there was no time to teach. and we live about 20  minutes of walking away from the church, and as we were just getting to the bus stop the bus passed and we just missed it. we waited hoping another one would come but didnt. Thank the heavens above after we walked for a little bit though a bus came!! so yeah then we got home haha. i was really thankful for the bus because my feet were killing from all the walking earlier in the day. so yeah that was my birthday! no one celebrated it with me, although my companion did wish me happy birthday, i didnt get a cake and no one sang to me, but im happy and it was a good day all in all. did i mention i got a flag and am really happy about that? also a member in our ward finished painting my pillow case as well and gave that to me yesterday! ill send pictures in just a bit. But yeah that was my week! im doing good and the spanish is coming and im staying happy!:) hope everyone else is doing good as well i love you all! Love Elder Griffin








No comments:

Post a Comment